Sunday 6 January 2013

What's in my makeup bag?












                                                                  --------------------
Hiya everyone, so first of all I'm sorry for not blogging in absolutely ages but it has been chaotic with exams, tests and of course my birthday and Christmas! So I thought its about time a do a blog post, to start 2013 off. This winter, I have been gravitating towards warm colours, and products that give my face a glowy healthy looking complection. I recommend each and every product, as they range from high end and low end prices so you don't have to spend all that you've saved up.
1) Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette, £36 - I've wanted this palette for a long time now as i've seen it raved about over YouTube and other fashion/make-up blogs. It is the perfect neutral palette, with all the basic colours you need and more. Its includes matte and shimmery colours, from cream to gold to black. I originally asked for the Naked Palette but then decided the Naked 2 Palette would fit better with my taste. I say it is a must-have for you make-up bag as it is not to big, and the packaging it durable so it is ideal for travelling with.
2) Nars Laguna Bronzer, £25 - This bronzer is probably the best I've used, it's well pigmented, its not too orange for my skin tone, and it's easy to blend into the skin. I use this for adding some colour to my face as I am very pale, and contouring my face to give the illusion that I have a slim face. I have to say I love the packaging of every Nars product as it is sleek, and elegant. I just adore everything about this bronzer.
3) No7 Extreme Length Mascara, Black, £12.50 - From the first time I put this mascara on I have instantly fell in love with it. Because I have quite stubby eyelashes, I need a lengthening mascara more then one that gives you more volume. I haven't seen many people talk about this but I don't see why not as it give so much length to your eyelashes, and without curling them. I sometimes curl my eyelashes but I have found I don't really need to with this mascara. The only thing is that I would not recommend this to people who would like thick, volumized lashes.
4) HD Brow Kit in Bomshell, £19.99 - I got this eyebrow palette in a glossybox last year and when I got it I was so excited to try it out. As I have blonde hair, naturally my eyebrows aren't very dark so I have to get them tinted every one in a while. So when I got this I found it was a great tool to fill in my brows and make them look natural. This palette also doubles up as a eyeshadow palette, so again its a great product for travelling.
5) The Body Shop All-in-one BB cream, Light, £12 - BB creams have been very popular recently as they give you a natural, glowy, healthy looking face. I wasn't a fan at first, but i have grown to like the formula and consistency. Weirdly this product comes out white with little balls in, this is because when you blend it into the face it adapts to the colour of your skin. Its great for every season year round and will leave you with a fresh looking face.
6) Sigma Brushes, Tapered Kabuki-F86, Precision Flat-P80, Duo Fibre Powder/Blush-F15 (paris edition), Real Techniques Powder Brush - These brushes are hands down my favourite! I love using them, and the look they give my face. I use the Tapered Kabuki for my foundation as it give a flawless finish, I use the Precision Flat for concealer as it is small and flat so I can stipple in the concealer, I use duo fibre brush for cream and powder blush and I use the Powder brush for well powder and sometimes bronzer. Together these brushes make it easy to but on make-up and give a great finish.
7) Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion, 125ml with pump, £29.50 - I have very dry skin naturally and the cold weather in England does not help at all. I apply a small pump of it on my hand and gently rub it into my face every morning and evening and its creates a great base for foundation to glide onto and makes my skin feel soft and healthy before I go to bed. For me its is an essential in my make-up bag.
8) Cath Kidston Circle Ditsy Cotton Large Washbag, now on sale for £10 - I got this washbag/make-up bag from my friend for my birthday and have been using it ever since. It is a great size and has three pockets inside to keep things in. The fabric inside is waterproof and very durable, and the outside it a soft quilted fabric. I love the flowery print of the bag, and will be using it a lot in future.

Thanks for reading, and again I'm am sorry for the lack of posts, but I will try and keep up!
If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask, also suggestions for the next blog post would be much appreciated.
                                                          ---------------------------------
                                                                       Ellen xo


No comments:

Post a Comment